Caring Families RN Manager
Objectives of the position: RN Manager is responsible for the daily operation and reach of Caring Families Pregnancy Service’s Mobile Care Unit and its medical services, to insure that the upmost quality client care is being administered by competent, licensed and registered medical volunteers within our scope of practice per our Policies and Procedures and state regulations
Reports to: The Executive Director and Medical Director
Supervises: All Nurses, Sonographers and any other medical staff or medical volunteers.
1. Be a committed Christian who demonstrates a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
2. Exhibit strong commitment and dedication to the pro-life position and sexual purity
3. Agree with and be willing to uphold Caring Families mission and policies
4. Holds a current RN License in good standing with the State Medical Board
5. Have a Bachelor or master’s degree in nursing
6. Have one year of experience in OB/GYN nursing
7. Has a sincere desire to help with pregnant women in crisis
8. Exhibit strong interpersonal and administrative skills
9. Is reliable, organized, and capable of following through on assignments
10. Maintain medical licensure and valid driver’s license and appropriate insurance
1. Review and maintain Caring Families Mobile Center Policies and Procedures, standards of practice, to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies as required by the State of Connecticut
2. Communicate information concerning client care, the center, and personnel activities to Director in an appropriate and timely manner
3. Conduct at least two mobile medical staff training meetings per year to reinforce center policies and offer continual education content pertaining to Caring Families’ services.
4. Review, update and maintain medical educational materials and resources for client use, and referral lists with the help of the Executive Director
5. Review and oversee that client records and documents are being maintained accordingly per Policies and Procedures measures
6. Ensure that Mobile Center and it’s medical equipment is being properly operated, cleaned, and maintained. Report any issues to the Center Director and Executive Director.
7. Manage inventory and ordering of prenatal vitamins, pregnancy tests, and other medical/ultrasound supplies on the Mobile Center
8. Assure compliance with infection control guidelines
9. Drive the Mobile Center to and from locations as needed as well as coordinate with the Center Director needed staff for the day.
1. Manage all medical services at Caring Families Pregnancy Services Mobile Center
2. Oversee and direct nursing care: administering pregnancy tests, comprehensive record keeping, assisting with ultrasound examinations, answering patients medical questions, educating about reproductive cycles, gestational body changes and other matters related to pregnancy and childbirth.
3. Manage staffing of ultrasound exam appointments
4. Oversee accurate records are maintained and that physician standing orders are in place and up-to-date
5. Oversee all patient/family education programs pertaining to pregnancy, breastfeeding and newborn/infant health care and well-being.
6. Oversee the distributing of prenatal vitamins and associated recordkeeping
1. Create relationships to represent Caring Families Pregnancy Services with key community groups by staying current with Community Health Agencies, Churches, High Schools, Community Colleges, Colleges, Universities, Medical Fairs and other Women’s Advocate Agencies
2. Create and maintain relationships with school nurses in Middle School, High School and College campuses as assigned.
3. Attend conferences to gain information and methods pertinent to best practices and to further professional training